Day 18 – Nevada, the Jamia Masjid in Las Vegas

Aug
By Aman Ali | 68 Comments »

Amanullah has been working in casinos for over 29 years.

“Nobody enjoys this work,” he tells me as he sips on a cup of chai. “But we do it because we want a better life for our kids.”

Amanullah oversees slot machines at the MGM Grand Casino and is a board member of the Jamia Masjid, a mosque in downtown Las Vegas just minutes away from The Strip, the city’s infamous road of casinos and hotels.

Gambling is prohibited in Islam, but Muslims working in casinos is somewhat common here.

Amanullah smiles with an almost cotton-like beard as he talks about the spiritually grueling lifestyle he lives, so that he can make a better life for his kids. He’s an active person at the mosque and I can only imagine the type of criticism he gets from his fellow Muslims for working in casinos.

“They may not say it to me directly, but oftentimes I can feel  it,” he said as he nods his head and blinks slowly.

He grew up in Afghanistan and came to the United States in the 1980s when the Soviet Union invaded. He settled in Las Vegas because he had an uncle that lived there that was all alone. He took a casino job because he desperately needed money to support his family and send home to relatives oversees.

“I had no money,” he said. “I used to walk my daughter to school and I would have no money to even buy her milk. I was only making enough to cover rent.”

Many of the people who work in casinos are immigrants from foreign countries like Bosnia, Afghanistan, Morocco, the Philippines and Somalia. Most of them came to Las Vegas because they had friends or family already living here.

Amanullah says he’s never enjoyed working in casinos and it eats at him inside working at institutions that center on indulgence and extravagance.

“In all my years I’ve never gambled or sipped a drop of alcohol,” he said. “I’ve never enjoyed seeing any of this around me and as I get older it becomes more and more difficult to stand this. The only thing that gives me peace is my family and the masjid.”

I stared into Amanullah’s eyes and began thinking about my father. My father travelled 5-6 days a week on the road for a baking company and never enjoyed a single moment of it. But like Amanullah, he did it for his kids. The bags under Amanullah’s eyes remind me of my dad’s as he came home from a long week of work too exhausted to do anything but collapse on the couch.

There’s something many people don’t understand about the need for a man to provide for his family on his own, and what lengths he’s willing to go to in order to make that happen. Amanullah tells me he’d rather do this than rely on welfare or other forms of governmental assistance to feed himself. As much as he hates working in casinos, it helped put his daughter through college.

I spoke with several Muslims at the Jamia mosque who work in casinos. Each of them have their own stories about how they got into the business but none of them enjoy it.

“Look, this life is pathetic,” said Bilal, who recently got laid off from a casino. “The management has so much control over you that you can’t do anything. You can’t even move around without someone watching you.”

I asked him why go through the torment then?

“The money,” he said. “A manager can make somewhere around $85,000. But you’re like a robot at work and all you can think about is your family.”

Bassam and I walked through the Aria Casino on The Strip that many Muslims are starting to work at since it opened in December. I walk past countless rows of slot machines as my ears begin to rattle from the clanging slots that gulp up coins like a vacuum cleaner. My stomach begins to churn as I’m smothered by the smell of cheap cigars and Axe Body spray from tourists trying their luck against the casino card dealers.

I think to myself, “This is the life these Muslims deal with every day, so that their family doesn’t have to.”

As we’re getting to leave the Aria casino, Bassam and I speak with Kariuki (pronounced Karaoke). He’s a Christian man from Kenya who’s been shining shoes in a casino bathroom for three months. He said working here has good days and bad days so we asked him what a good day entails.

“A good day, ha!” he said with a chuckle. “A good day is when I get money. There is no life here. The only thing we do in life is work and sleep. When I go out with someone, all I think about is ‘Is this going to make me late for work?”

Dr. Aslam Abdullah is the director of the Islamic Society of Nevada, the group that runs the mosque and is editor of the Muslim Observer, a publication based in Dearborn, Michigan. Before we left Las Vegas, we chatted about this whole Muslims in casinos issue and the complications surrounding it. He said before we point fingers at Muslims for working in casinos, we really should point fingers at ourselves.

“This is the failure of our leadership and institutions to provide for the social and economic well being of our community,” he said.  “I talk about this in the khutbahs (Friday sermons) a lot and I tell people ‘Before you look down on them, find them an alternative.’”

He explained most of the Muslims who work in casinos are immigrants who take the jobs because it’s unskilled labor that pays well. It’s our failure as Muslims, he says, to help them integrate into society and help them find a way of life that doesn’t go against Islamic guidelines.  Rather than condemn them and reject them, it’s our obligation as Muslims to help them.

“We’ve developed this ‘holier than thou’ attitude where we look down on people who don’t memorize as many surahs (chapters) of Qur’an as us,” he said. “But what good is memorizing 30 surahs compared to 10 surahs, if you don’t understand or follow any of it?”

Make no bones about it, no Muslim in their right mind will condone the concept of working at a casino. It’s tough to make it in this country, and many of these Muslims will go through morally compromising situations if it means that their children can live a life where they won’t have to. Simply slamming Muslims who works in casinos is too easy and basically pours gasoline on the flames that burn the bridges between us.

Enjoyed This Post? Share with others:

twitter! | stumble | del.icio.us |

Comments

1. August 30th, 2010 | Yasmeen says:

Alhamdu lillah, well said! I must admit, I’m guilty of judging my fellow brothers and sisters when it comes to these issues. This article helped me to get one step closer to stop doing so. Thanks for shedding light on an issue that many Muslims in America face.

2. August 30th, 2010 | Danette says:

I recently visited this mosque with my church to break fast with them. It was the first time most of us have been to a mosque. Very open, kind, and loving folks here. It was an honor.

3. August 30th, 2010 | Saam Naghdi says:

Come join us for iftar at Zaytoon Restaurant
    at 3655 S. Durango Drive #11-14
    Las Vegas, Nevada, 89147
    702-685-1875

4. August 30th, 2010 | Sarah says:

Very interesting piece! Never even occurred to me to associate Muslims with living in LV, let alone the internal struggle they must go through working there, and what’s worse the external struggle within their own community. Loved the ending note of tolerance and understanding.

5. August 30th, 2010 | Sharif says:

Move! America is big!

6. August 30th, 2010 | Dave from Key West says:

Guys, I have to thank you so much for this blog. I was finding myself getting angrier and angrier about the constant abuse being heaped on America about our so-called intolerance to Islam. I mean, really, the religion of Saudi Arabia, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Taliban, Al-Queda, etc., lecturing us on tolerance? Simply idiotic. I was fuming.

But then I read about your blog on CNN, started reading and couldn’t stop. What a breath of fresh air. It reminded me to stop, hold on, wait a minute. It brought my focus back to what I already knew. That the hateful, intolerant groups mentioned above are about as relevent to the average American Muslim as the KKK, the Inquisition, the Westboro Baptist Church, and pedophile priests are to the average American Christian. Just hateful mockeries of the religion in which they find solace as they try to raise families and live healthy, happy lives, peacefully among their neighbors.

Truly, thanks again for reminding me why I am so proud and glad to be an American.

7. August 30th, 2010 | Arsala says:

I’ve been following your post from the beginning but I have to say that I was most touched by this post and the previous one regarding the Indo-Chinese Muslim Center. Thank you so much for sharing your travels with us. I keep plugging your adventures on my FB profile in hopes that more ppl will read about your travels. Let’s hope it works!

8. August 30th, 2010 | Logan says:

Reading this makes me wonder – does working in the casinos, surrounded by so many things that are anathema to Islamic belief, stengthen or weaken the faith of believers? I suppose the same challenges face all people of faith, whatever the faith, in casinos. I can certainly understand where the masjid and family are Amanullah’s places of refuge.

Thanks for sharing your eye-opening adventure.

9. August 30th, 2010 | Anonymous says:

This one was beautiful.

10. August 30th, 2010 | Marcia Morrison says:

Once again I am reminded of the similarities between Christian and Muslim communities… in the occasional finger-pointing and “holier than thou” attitudes of some against others. Although I’d rather focus on the *good* things these communities have in common, rather than the bone-headed ones!

Thanks for this thoughtful post.

11. August 30th, 2010 | Dilawar Ali Khan says:

Well guys i went through this blog and i would not agree with any of these people who claim to be stuck in a situation,where they have no alternate for them to make there ends meet,they are all lying to them self.In realty they got so comfortable with easily earned money, that they forgot about, where they came from.As Mr sharif says Move America is big, if we can come here from tens of thousands of miles from our home lands to make a better life for our families and our self’s so we must not stop this struggle,i feel sorry for Mr Amanullah and all others in the similar situation who are using there kids as an excuse,when these kids will grow up they will not appreciate any of this,nor they would take the blame for it.Majority of our Muslim brother and sisters who are running gas stations grocery stores and all other kind of businesses where they have to sell pork,liquor,lotto and other Haram objects,with the money they earn from there businesses they are enjoying a comfortable and respectable life style, and when some one will question them about it there answer will not be any different then these people in Nevada.
    So please stop feeding your kids Haram , and try to become Momin not only a Muslim.
    Guys thank you very much for this blog and i hope these so called Muslims will not take this as an offense, but try to do a jihad with them self’s. As in America we say get up and be a man.and stop hiding behind your beards, face it, this is America love it or leave it.
    Thank you and God Bless you all.

12. August 30th, 2010 | Tasneem says:

Assalamu’alaikum, Once again, great blog. I am getting addicted to it. Loved every post.
    I also believe that life is about choices, and we are constantly making choices and are effected by the consequences of our decisions. I will not judge anyone’s choice of profession, but, one needs to be focused on the Hereafter and have Taqwah of Allah SWT.
    Allah SWT States in surah Talaq, ayah # 2-3: ” Whoever fears Allah – He will make for him a way out. And will provide for him where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah – then He is sufficient for him…”
    The REAL Provider is Allah SWT.
    May He guide all of us.

13. August 30th, 2010 | sumaya says:

aslm wrwb

I am new in the USA (from South Africa) and have not yet had much exposure to the various expressions of Islam in this country. It has been truly refreshing to read about diverse Muslims and communities in the USA on your wonderful blog. I see the USA in a whole new light.

What you guys are doing is so enriching and exciting! Good luck!

14. August 30th, 2010 | Naseer Khan says:

Salaams,

Reading through your entry, considering this very real dilemma, I could only think of one thing: we are each responsible for our own actions. The people who take those jobs have to do it (for survival or family) but they have a little choice. And the day they stop trying to change out of that undesirable is the danger for them. Those who sit by and only comment without doing something REAL to help people near them in similar positions will have to answer for that as well. So, yes it’s good to encourage everyone to make a halal living, but we have to be wary that empty blame can turn around on us.

And while America is a land of Opportunity, and most Muslims are trying to get along trying to find that elusive trophy, opportunities don’t always come in a logical sequence. I think if we remember that we can’t really fake it (remember who is closer than our own jugular vein), then we can keep ourselves honest in actions and words.

BTW, I have a cousin who is far more God-conscious than I, practicing in Henderson and involved in the mosque there. Long ago, I had the same reaction: masjid in Las Vegas?! Now it’s not so odd and almost amusing to hear that reaction anew sometimes…

Fi Aman Illah…

–Naseer

15. August 30th, 2010 | Dana says:

Hi Guys

I’ve just discovered your blog and this is the first blog I have read so far and I want to read more. This sheiks views of Muslims working in casinos is the same opinion my father in law (who I think is very wise) has of Muslims working in gas stations selling alcohol.
    I’m going to try and read this rest of your adventures on the road and I will post it on my facebook page so others will hopefully look into your blog

good job

16. August 31st, 2010 | James Bong says:

You were on CNN!

17. August 31st, 2010 | Mohammed Mahmud says:

Having never been to the US, one wonders how Muslims work and live in an environment of constant “hate & suspicion” as portrayed by the media. Reminds me not to stereotype or generalize issues without evidence (a requirement of Islam).

The media unfortunately relies on juicy pieces and not relevance.

18. August 31st, 2010 | Raihan says:

Dudes! Safe Journey and Happy Ramadan to you both. Looking forward to watching the Docu. Btw stay safe and away from the barrel of the gun! Go go go!

19. August 31st, 2010 | zaara says:

this entry made me cry. thanks~

20. August 31st, 2010 | Z says:

I appreciate the honesty of this blog… and the courage of Amanullah to be profiled in this way.

21. August 31st, 2010 | Neman says:

Salaams guys! Thanks for yet another deep and touching post, about the jihad of the immigrants.

We originally posted about you on our blog, http://www.philosufi.com on the day you headed into Jacksonville, and it’s been a pleasure to follow you across the country, and watching your story grow.

Our parents have done incredible things for us, working to the bone so that we may live better lives. I don’t know if it’s possible – or right – to separate deen and dunya. We have to live in dunya, and each of us does things that are haram to do so. Some argue taking a mortgage is haram. But it’s pretty difficult to avoid. Simple answers like “move” don’t truly address the complex reality of a family’s life. It might be *an* answer, but it’s not *the* answer. Maybe Muslim business owners can make it a point to hire recent immigrants, giving them a chance to avoid working these roles.

Amanullah was really courageous to be interviewed and photographed. Good on you for bringing us his story, which is, sadly, probably representative. May Allah SWT continue to protect you on this and the rest of your journeys.

And oh yeah – you guys rock. :-)

22. August 31st, 2010 | Mark says:

I’ve been following your blog since about day 11. I’m not Muslim. I’m a Desert Shield/Storm veteran. As a former Texas prison guard, I usually got annoyed with Ramadan. I viewed most of the inmates that claimed to be Muslim as just trying to beat the system. I’ve made the derogatory jokes and remarks about Muslims and of Arabic people in general. All this while claiming to be a Christian.
    I haven’t been very Christ like. You’ve given me lots to think about. I really do like your blog. Both of you sound like somebody I would like to meet and get to know. Not sure if you’d care to get to know me. I doubt I’ll change overnight but it’s got to start somewhere.
    Thank You. Looking forward to your next post. Might even be crazy enough to post it in my facebook.

23. August 31st, 2010 | Kwelii Abdul-Salaam says:

ASA. I’ve been following your blogs ever since last Ramadan. Great job! As far as the brother working in the casino, I don’t have a problem with it as long as he’s not gambling or drinking alcohol. It does become an issue if you have a store and start selling pork, lottery tickets and alcohol especially in the poorer areas of our country. However, that’s between you and Allah!

24. August 31st, 2010 | Mariam says:

I love this project you are doing. MashaAllah TabarakAllah. May Allah bless you both and anyone else involved with the best of this world and the next (ameen)

I’m from the UK and you’ve actually cleared some misconceptions of American Muslims. I know there are a lot of Muslims there, but I didn’t know there were that many! I think the scenic pictures are absolutely beautiful and wish I could visit the places you’ve been too.

I actually admire the communities especially because in the UK we have big Muslim communities so we have a lot of available for us. Once upon a time, it was hard to get halal meat and so forth, but now its easy for us. The community in Augusta (???) where they travel 4 hrs just to get halal meat, when it takes us 5 mins to get ours. May Allah bless there lives with good and keep there hearts strong (ameen)

Can’t wait for more entries! :-)

25. August 31st, 2010 | Sarah says:

This was really eye opening. Thanks for sharing all these vignettes with us, it’s truly amazing reading about the diversity of the Muslim American diaspora. I can’t wait to read your posts from Montana, Idaho, and North Dakota!

26. August 31st, 2010 | Ali Qazi says:

“these so called Muslims will not take this as an offense”

that was hilarious, first you kick a man who’s already down and then you ask em not to be offended

subhanallah, its amazing how forgiving Allah is and how brutal muslims are

27. August 31st, 2010 | Daniel says:

Salaam allaikum, gents.

What a wonderful pilgrimage you’re making. I look forward to reading more about your journey, especially seeing as your next stop is in my home state of Utah.

Safe journeys
    D

28. August 31st, 2010 | Khaleelah says:

Wow, the Imam hits the nail on the head with his statements!!!! These are the types of leaders we need to stand up and stand out

29. August 31st, 2010 | Amena Khan says:

Mark Twain said that the best writing is done by dead people. You guys proved him so wrong! haha. mashAllah. The transparency evident in this blog is incredible. In my opinion, never criticize anybody. You have no idea what their life is all about. No idea.

30. August 31st, 2010 | Amer says:

Thank you for this post and reminding us not to judge others!

One thing I can never understand is the logic behind labeling work in casino & bars haram but accepting sale of alcohol in gas stations.

Loving your project.

31. August 31st, 2010 | Rebecca says:

I just read about your journey yesterday on CNN and think its a wonderful idea! Not only will thousands ,but maybe millions (hopefully), learn more about what the muslim religion is about as opposed to the fear that the media and right wing politicians have promoted. The intolerance many non-Christians face is such an affront as to what it really means to be not only a Christian but an American. Its interesting to note the intolerance within your own religion which seems to happen in every religion. I applaud you both and will continue to follow your amazing trip. I wish you safe travels!

32. August 31st, 2010 | Dilawar Ali Khan says:

Allah never change any ones destiny till they don’t have drive,my only motive to tell these people is that you can be stuck in a situation for few years but not for 29 years,and more over one should not hold that job or not stay in a profession in which he doesn’t find satisfaction for his sole.
    Who am i to be brutal against any one.
    As Allah says in Quran ” I do not bring any hardship on a man he bring his own hardships upon himself.”
    So ultimately all of us are responsible for our own actions.One must take pride n his work and do it with pride,or leave it for some one else who can take pride in it.Be thanks full to Allah that he has given us these opportunities to make a difference in our lives and are able to do for other.

33. August 31st, 2010 | shoaib says:

its a lovely masjid :) . nice community too mashallah

34. August 31st, 2010 | Nur says:

This one brought tears to my eyes. Thanks again for sharing this amazing experience.

I was talking to a friend about your project and she “simply didn’t see the point of it”. Clearly she hasn’t read your blog.

Great job!

35. August 31st, 2010 | Aslam Abdullah says:

I am really proud of what you are doing. I think you made your Ramadan and you found your Lailatul Qadr by being an honest observer of your own community. We expect more from you.
    May Allah be with you.

36. August 31st, 2010 | Mindy says:

Another great entry! I’m so very happy to share my country with all these wonderful people you guys are meeting.

37. August 31st, 2010 | Missy says:

Mark – I am so grateful for your comment here about how this blog has made you explore your reactions to this faith. It takes a brave guy to do so and I applaud you for it! I had the pleasure of meeting Aman and Bassam in N. Carolina earlier in their trip. I am not Muslim and wanted to learn more about it for myself (vs the media, etc) and they are truly as delightful as you imagine from reading their blog. They are every day, normal, American guys who just happen to be Muslim and who are thoughtful enough to ask us along for their journey. I did a 15 minute interview with them that might be of interest to you – it sure helped me get to know them better and I hope it helps you to feel like you were having a conversation with them along with me – Enjoy it: http://melibeeglobal.com/2010/08/interview-with-aman-ali-and-bassam-tariq-from-30mosques-com/

38. August 31st, 2010 | Souzan says:

There are already enough people judging us – let’s not judge each other too.
    God Bless.

39. August 31st, 2010 | Ibrahim Poonawala says:

Brother

Very well said, I do feel bad about the people working in this kind of places gather a little courage and get out of this place, Belive me Allah will make it easier on you InshaAllah.

40. August 31st, 2010 | Dilawar Ali Khan says:

Mr Mark, I on behalf of our Muslim community, well come you to Islam. Which means peace harmony. It takes a man to stand up for what he believe in, and even a bigger man to listen to his inner self and act on it.Please follow your instant, and it means Allah has offered you his hidayat(guidance), don;t let this chance slip by you, just walk in any Mosque near by you and let the Imam know about your intention, and you will not find it very difficult.
    May Allah help you in finding your self.Amine.

41. August 31st, 2010 | David Garcia says:

Asalamu Alaykum. You guys are doing a great job. I love the pictures.

42. August 31st, 2010 | Liban from England says:

Thanks for the blog guys, I never knew much about muslims in America before this… You should do 30 mosques in 30 countries and come to England ;)

43. August 31st, 2010 | Proud Idealist says:

I’m not sure if you guys realise this but, what you’re doing is revolutionary.

paradigm-shifting journey.

Jazakumullahu kheir.

44. September 1st, 2010 | Rumsha says:

I am happy to see you have an open mind. It gives me hope that one day muslims won’t be seen as horrible individuals and I won’t be judged if I wear a piece of cloth of my head. Thank you.

45. September 1st, 2010 | dave in key west says:

Hey, i wear a piece of cloth on my head a lot, too! It’s called a baseball cap. :-)

46. September 2nd, 2010 | sara says:

How well put. I loved this post, and I love the idea of your project. More power to you, brothers.

47. September 2nd, 2010 | Sharif says:

Ramadan Mubarak to all!

If I was this brother and others like him in Las Vegas I would not advertise to the world how I earn money from gambling. I liken the situation to that of Muslims who run businesses that sell pork, alcohol, lottery tickets, and drug paraphernalia.

My post on advising the brother, and for that matter all Muslims that can not find halal work, comes from two sources; the Qur’an and Prophet Muhammad (SAW):

Qur’an 3:104. “Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity. “
    Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Number 79
    “When you see an evil act you have to stop it with your hand. If you can’t, then at least speak out against it with your tongue. If you can’t, then at least you have to hate it with all your heart. And this is the weakest of faith.”

Every human being, everyday makes choices between right and wrong. The Qur’an is clear on gambling:

Quran, 2:219
    “They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: “In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit.” They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: “What is beyond your needs.” Thus doth God Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider”

Quran, 5:90-91
    “O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination, – of Satan’s handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper. Satan’s plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of God, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain”

We as Muslims must start showing that we believe enough in the book of guidance, that we will please God and be successful or incur God’s anger in this world and the next!

48. September 2nd, 2010 | TC says:

Every time you mention your father, it reminds me of my father and the struggles he’s faced just trying to give my siblings and I a better life. Because opportunity for business was better in a state 4 hours away, he moved and started a business there about 8 years ago. The only reason the rest of the family stayed behind was because of the presence of a strong Muslim community where we are from and it was important to my parents for my siblings and I to have that upbringing (the place where his business is has probably two muslims in the entire town, seriously). He has without fail commuted every friday back home for the weekend for those 8 yrs. I’m not sure if I was in his position, I could be that strong. We never give our parents the credit they deserve. Thanks for that reminder.

49. September 4th, 2010 | Mark says:

Just did.

50. September 5th, 2010 | Ben Aziz says:

A beautiful post here, guys.

However, I don’t agree with some of the comments. Being a Muslim myself, I’m sad to know that there are those who look down upon others simply because they THINK they understand the spirit of the Quran+Sunnah. As far as I know, Islam asks us to be compassionate and forgiving, gain better understanding and have empathy towards the plight of others. Should we be so quick to judge them?

And talking about being too quick to judge; when someone says he might have a new perception of Islam and would like to get to know more about our Muslim bloggers, it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s going to convert! Calm down. :)

Peace be upon you. Assalamu’alaikum.

51. September 6th, 2010 | Asma says:

Excellent read; I really feel for these people. Very well written, mashaAllah.

52. September 7th, 2010 | jj says:

My grandparents were given the opportunity to come to the United States of America in the early 1900′s.They learned english first ,worked hard, raised their family in peace ,practiced their religion teaching their children to respect all and be compassionate too all no matter what religion you are. Islam means peace not this finatical ways being flooded all around the world being hostile to everyone who doesnt pray towards Mecca.The immigrants of today are a different breed wanting to put islam in everyones face which is wrong .Muslims should respect this country and say the ground zero or near that area for an islamic building has been moved or cancelled and yes we are compassionate and respectful for what happened to all faiths and we will be the BIGGER PERSON ..

53. September 7th, 2010 | Cherine says:

Sharif,
    That’s really kind of a ridiculous thing to say…Moving a whole family is not that easy even in a good economy. You need to find a job FIRST, a place to live, good schools for your kids and then there still remains the thousands of dollars associated with the actual moving costs, much less the task of selling your home or condo so you can find a place somewhere else where the cost of living may be much higher.

These people are doing the best they can, mash’Allah and I admire them. They remind me of my own mother and father, may Allah swt shower them with blessings for all their sacrifices for their children.

54. September 13th, 2010 | RAJ says:

Osama is soooo very proud of his part in 9/11. His aim was to create fear and its cousin intolerance. Don’t blame the people of the US, blame the individual who created the situation. He managed to finish what Komani started in the 70′s.

55. August 11th, 2011 | Ang says:

It’s nice to see a different perspective. May Allah get them out of this haraam situation! Ameen. And may He make their lives easier.
    I never really thought about another side to it when I see Muslims working haraam jobs…it’s easy to just judge them and look down on them but it’s very hard to try to understand.
    It’s true what the Imaam said. We should blame ourselves for not helping the Muslim community. We should blame ourselves they’re in this situation.

56. December 2nd, 2012 | Timespanr says:

Being a Muslim as I see it, is being an example!
    That does not or should not be taken as a suggestion for you or I to be a door mat to be walked on.
    When I checked in here, my first thought was to check my REALITY, something often over looked.
    My reality, as a Muslim, most certian should match yours, but it doesnot, do to a great number of things at play.
    Each and everyone on this earth, is travel through our daily fitna (Trials & Tribulations), the experience drawn, the education, being in a War all lead one to a very different reality, than most.
    The fact of which Declared sect of Islam chanes your reality.
    The fact of which country you come from, changes your reality due to the cultural aspects of your Islam, shall we say Iraqi Islam. Which often drives one to a differect Mosque or Masjid, everyone having to have one matching their Culture.
    In spite of our expected differences, many other things come to pay with our Islamic Reality.
    But at the end of the week, each and everyone of us should think to set all of that aside and attend The Jama Mosque on Friday, ON TIME on Friday (for Credit in attendance), at the Mosque of your choice settng aside everything else.
    Also, since the number of Mosques in Las Vegas has now went to eight (8) or more, you might try to work your schedule so that you can spend some of your evening with Allah at the Mosque.

57. October 18th, 2013 | Caleb Gensler says:

Would anyone who has been a aspect of the program from the beginning mind sending me copies with the prior letters? I am signed up now but unfortunately did not hear of this until now. Many, many many thanks in advance.

58. October 23rd, 2013 | Eldon Fitch says:

You have actually created some excellent points here. I specifically appreciate the way in which you have been capable to stick so much believed right into a fairly brief post (comparitively) which produces it an thoughtful publish on your subject. In my viewpoint, you’ve introduced the subject inside a quite thorough yet concise manner, that is truly useful when someone wants to obtain the facts without spending too a lot time looking the Internet and sifting out the noise to discover the answers to their concerns. I usually get so frustrated with so numerous in the last outcomes inside the major SE’s because of the truth they normally appear to mostly be filled with filler content material that often isn’t very sensible. If you don’t thoughts I am going to add this publish and your blog to my delicious favorites and so i can write about it with my family. I appear forward to coming back to study your long term posts too.

59. November 19th, 2013 | Jasper Blinston says:

I used to be very happy to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks on your time for this wonderful learn!! I undoubtedly enjoying every little little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

60. January 28th, 2014 | amoesaeid says:

Very well written article. However; I must say that Las Vegas has ruined so many families includingmy own. Its a city filled with sin. Would you sell drugs to make another human’s life miserable to help your kids? Is Vegas a place to raise a family. Leave politics out, Allah blesses those who immigrate to keep their faith.Move out of Vegas and eat halal. AMEEN!

61. June 4th, 2014 | Linnes Chester says:

I will be sponsoring a family from Kabul in the fall of 2014. The father is a pharmacist. He was my interpreter during a one-year stay in Afghanistan. The mother is an artist. They have two sons, ages 6 & 7. Any reasonable recommendations on how to make their transition as smooth as possible? They will receive approximately six months of support from the U.S. government.

62. October 2nd, 2014 | Guillermo Valls es un estafador says:

(Traducci

63. April 10th, 2015 | Hijab Fashion Blog says:

Excellent read; I really feel for these people. Very well written, mashaAllah.

64. October 6th, 2015 | Ajil says:

Subhanalloh, http://babycrib-s.com/

65. December 10th, 2016 | Darin says:

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of
    the best blogs online. I will recommend this
    website!

66. December 13th, 2016 | Fanny says:

My partner and I stumbled over here different page and thought
    I should check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
    Look forward to checking out your web page repeatedly.

67. April 21st, 2017 | Roberto says:

Odin iz luchshih rabot s partnjorkoj https://goo.gl/Dwprhl

RSS feed for coments on this post
Trackback URL